Loading

44055 Airport View Dr., Hollywood, MD 20636

301-373-3537

Mon-Fri: 8:00 am – 5:00

Mon-Fri: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Schedule Your Appointment 301-373-3537
44055 Airport View Dr., Hollywood, MD 20636

Why you should flush your transmission fluid?

Why you should flush your transmission fluid?

Why you should flush your transmission fluid?

Nearly nine out of ten transmission failures are due to overheating and fluid contamination, according to the Automatic Transmission Rebuilders Association. Just like the oil in your cars engine, automatic transmission fluid (ATF) suffers from heat, friction and electrochemical degradation. Once this process starts, your transmission’s vital parts begin to clog with sludge and varnish deposits.

Unlike your car’s engine where all the oil can be drained out, most of the transmission fluid doesn’t drain into the transmission pan. Instead it stays in the torque converter, valve body and transmission cooler lines making a complete fluid drain impossible. In fact, the typical transmission service only replace 25% of the contaminated fluid, leaving behind 75% contaminated fluid to mix with the ATF.

According to automatic transmission fluid manufacturers, the addition to new fluid to contaminated fluid can actually cause sludge and varnish deposits to clog filters and restrict the flow of transmission fluid. This can result in a serious malfunction, or even complete failure of an automatic transmission.

Agapé Auto Service has a transmission fluid flush machine to provide you with the latest service procedure that safely removes varnish and sludge deposits and cleans all internal transmission components, including the transmission cooler, valve body and torque converter. This service is also the best way to remove wear metals that are slowly grinding away on your transmissions internal components along with most of the old, contaminated ATF. Your car’s transmission is thoroughly cleaned and protected with fresh ATF and conditioners that revitalize the seals and O- rings in the transmission.

If your car’s transmission is showing any signs of contaminated transmission fluid, slippage, rough or hard shifting, this service is the first thing you should try before it becomes necessary to perform major repair work or even the need for a transmission.

CarGuy

Agapé Auto Service – “Your Trusted Dealership Alternative”
ASE Certified  Master Technicians

 

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.*