Visiting an auto repair shop can be a stressful situation, especially if you’re not entirely sure what to ask, or what to do when you get there. Thankfully, we’re here to help. In today’s article we’ll be talking about some questions that you should definitely ask your auto repair technician as well as some tips before you have your vehicle serviced. You should never feel uncomfortable asking an auto repair technician any questions that you may have about your car, truck, or other transporting vehicle, or the service that is being provided and what it entails. If you stop into an auto service shop, you can start your questions by asking some of the following:
- How Long Will It Take To Complete The Repairs?
- How Much Will It Cost?
- My Car Is Running Rough. Do I Need A Tune-Up?
- Is There A Charge To Check Out My Car?
- Do I Need An Appointment For A Repair?
- What Credit Cards Do You Take?
- How Often Should I Clean Your Fuel System?
- Why Does My Car Need Maintenance If It’s Running Fine?
- What Will Happen If I Don’t Have The Repairs Done Right Now?
- What Should I Do When My Check Engine Lights Come On?
- How Often Should I Have My Brakes Checked?
- What Type Of Oil Filter Do I Need?
- Do I Really Need Winter Tires?
- Why Do I Need Fuel Injector Cleaning?
Now that we’ve discussed some of the questions you should/could ask your service provider, lets talk about some tips we have before even getting your vehicle serviced.
Tips Before Getting Service
We recommend you read your owner’s manual:
- Be wary if the mechanic says you need brake service when you have 50 percent pads left. Many shops use percentages to tell when brakes are due, which can be very confusing to the average driver. So if you are recommended to get a brake service we recommend you wait until your pads are down to 15 to 20 percent.
- Yes, brake fluid needs to be replaced. Maintenance and cleanliness are very important for your vehicle. This means changing your brake fluid will extend your brake component life.
- Find out what’s included. Make sure thoroughly inspect your vehicle and if possible get a written quote that includes pad and rotor measurements.
So go ahead and ask
If you are feeling hesitant about asking any of these questions to your auto service provider, don’t. Even if some of them seem odd to you, we promise you, they aren’t. You as a driver have a right to know what is going to be done to your car. Your vehicle, whether used for personal use or business use, is your property at the end of the day. It is completely normal to ask as many questions as you’d like while your vehicle is in someone else’s hands, even for just a short bit. So, again, don’t hesitate to ask any questions you have.
Unfortunately, you may not always get an answer that satisfies all of your questions. However, asking these questions is the only way to see if the auto repair technician who is working on your vehicle is truly knowledgeable and trust worthy or not, so it is very important to have these conversations with them. It will also affect their mindset towards you, because you are a customer who takes their vehicle and all services being done to it seriously.
However, with all this being said, at the end of the day, always receive a second opinion. Especially when the cost suggested by the auto repair technician is extremely high (higher than most other local shops). Because, at the end of it all, the money is coming from your pocket, for your vehicle.
Agape Auto Service prides ourselves on having the most qualified technicians to work on your vehicle while also using the top quality equipment and products. Agape Auto Services uses BG Products to protect you, your family, and your vehicle. If you’re experiencing any issues with your fuel system or engine or would just like a routine inspection of your vehicle to prevent any issues, give us a call today or click here to make an appointment.
If you’re still asking yourself “Why should I choose your shop?” Well here are a few advantages of using our business.
- Fast – same day service, always our goal.
- Honest – do only the work necessary.
- Professional – ASE Certified Master Technicians.
- On Site Owner – you can talk to.
- Priced Right – highly competitive pricing for the most respected service in town.
- Convenient – free courtesy rides.
- Extended Warranty Work – encouraged and accepted.
- 100% Customer Satisfaction – our most important goal.
- No Surprises – on your bill. All prices must be approved by you before any work is done.
- Work Done Right – the first time.