Everyone knows summer heat can be unbearable at times, especially when we get into our vehicles and are smothered by the hot air inside. The last thing on our minds is paying for an AC repair. Unfortunately, sometimes, we don’t really have a choice, and we have to have it done. Thankfully, you are in luck because our expert technicians offer quality AC maintenance, installations, and repairs to almost every vehicle make and model. Below are some of the parts of your AC system and the function of these mechanisms.
- Refrigerant Pump
- May contain control valves for A/C pressure control
- Controlled by On-Board Computer
- Must be lubricated internally
- Allows heat removed from passenger compartment to be transferred tot he under hood area.
- Assists in removing heat generated by proper condenser and radiator operation.
- Electrically or hydraulically controlled
- Controlled by On-Board Computer
Receiver/Dryer or Accumulator
- Stores liquid refrigerant
- Removes moisture from flowing refrigerant (desiccant)
- Moves air inside vehicle across evaporator and/or heater core
- Electric Motor
- Controlled by climate control panel
Expansion Valve/orifice tube
- Creates pressure differential allowing refrigerant to remove heat from passenger compartment
- Thermostatic or fixed orifice design
- Allows heat to be removed via refrigerant from the passenger’s compartment to be carried to the condenser
- Substance that can be vaporized and condensed between certain temperatures
- Must be kept pure and free of contaminates and moisture
- 134a is approved refrigerant for today’s vehicles
Are there environmental concerns with air conditioning?
As stated above, a large part of our vehicle’s AC systems is refrigerant. This leaves many concerns about what this controlled substance does to the environment. Because refrigerant is a controlled substance, it is vital that it is not allowed to escape into the atmosphere during servicing. That is why our highly experienced professional automobile technicians use a sealed, environmentally-friendly process that ultimately will catch the refrigerant, clean it, and replenishes it, which will be returned to your automobile’s air conditioning system.
UNDERSTANDING THE PROBLEM:
One common issue that many people don’t realize is that condensation builds up in your air conditioning system. The moisture from this condensation, over time, causes bacteria, mold and fungal growth that blows into your vehicle when you turn your AC system on. Many times it will also give off an extremely nauseating smell. In addition to bacterial growth and a very unpleasant and sickening smell, it can also cause the AC compressor to produce a clack like sound due to oil depletion.
Symptoms of a malfunctioning HVAC System
- Improper vent air temperature
- Low or no vent air flow
- Smell or fogging of windshield during defroster operation
- Growling/grinding or squealing noise during A/C or heater operation
Our professional technicians will properly clean not only the air conditioning lines, but also, the ventilator, and evaporator. After thoroughly cleaning, they will also treat and kill any fungi, bacteria, or mold. They will then begin deodorizing your vehicle’s entire AC system as well as the entire interior, which will produce a fresh, clean scent in your vehicle. Finally, after one of our highly experienced technicians thoroughly inspects for wear, or leaks, one of our technicians will measure the amount of oil in the compressor and replenish it. Not only will this effect the air inside your car being cleaner, it will also allow the air to become 4 to 5 degrees cooler.
BENEFITS OF OUR CLIMATE CONTROL SERVICE
AFTER OUR CLIMATE CONTROL SERVICE IS DONE WITH YOUR VEHICLE, YOU’LL NOTICE:
- Extended compressor life
- Quieter compressor operation
- Sanitized air
Our technicians are here to assist you with any issues you may be having with your vehicle, no matter what time of the day it is. Our highly experienced professional technicians will help you enjoy cool air from your vehicle’s AC system at little to no time at all.
Agape Auto Service prides ourselves on having the most qualified technicians to work on your vehicle while also using the top quality equipment and products. Agape Auto Services uses BG Products to protect you, your family, and your vehicle. If you’re experiencing any issues with your climate control system or would just like a routine inspection of your vehicle to prevent any issues, give us a call today or click here to make an appointment.